samedi 18 août 2018

X495 Yanmar Engine Problems

MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
X495 Yanmar Engine Problems
Well, i suppose this isn't the best way to start off a thread, but i recently acquired some land in Midlothian and prior to that i never owned enough land to need anything more than a push mower. I came across a used JD X495 online and they were asking $2,700 for it. I went and checked it out and it was in pretty good shape overall looks wise, cranked it up, tested all the features and even mowed a little but probably only ran it for about 10-15 minutes. I talked the guy down to $2,000 for the X495, and we made a deal. I loaded it up and brought it home. Fast forward 3 or 4 days i figured it was time to mow and i checked all the fluids and all was good from what i could tell. I fired it up and made two passes in the field and it began to notice the temperature beginning to rise so i shut the PTO off and made sure the fan was spinning and proper air was circulating through the radiator. All was well so it seemed, but i let it cool off anyways. It never actually got hot enough to "overheat". I fired it back up and began back to the house and all the sudden it started knocking loudly and also developed a sharp screeching sound so i immediately turned it off and checked thinking the pulleys were seized up somewhere but all were free. After that i didn't run it again, i free spooled the tractor back to the house and that's where it has sat. i noticed when the engine began to knock, more crank case gasses were coming out of the vent tube (more than usual) and it seemed to have a noticeable shake like it had lost compression on one cylinder.

I think i got duped on the tractor deal. I'm beginning to wonder if the previous owner put some kind of thick oil in the block so it would be quiet enough to hide the knock, and since i didn't run it long enough to thin the oil out i didn't hear the knock. My main concern is blowing a hole in the block but to me it sounds like a main or rob bearing is about to let loose. I'm just glad it didn't throw a rod. But i'm dissapointed now because i'm out $2k and i have a useless mower. Is it worth it to find a replacement engine or rebuild my own? I've rebuilt engines before but not Diesel engines. I also am having a hard time finding a exact replacement engine. Does anyone know what other Yanmar engines will direct fit the X495 frame? My X495 is a Gen 1 2002 model and has a 3TNE74C Yanmar engine. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Lack of Kubota branded accessories.
If you look around there is John Deere branded everything. Seat covers, tape measures, cups, t-shirts, etc. Anything you can think of. There is even a John Deere 5 gallon bucket that can be yours for the insane price of 8 bucks.....8 bucks for an empty 5 gallon bucket! But there is very little Kubota out there. I could care less about a lot of it but I would like to have a seat cover and maybe even a tractor cover. It seems to me that Kubota is really missing a lot of revenue. A custom fitted seat cover, one that doesn't fit too loose and slip and slide, with a Kubota emblem on it would probably sell very well. It's so bad that I am even considering buying one of John Deere's seat covers and trying it on my BX!
Picking up a 400 saturday
I have always a GT with hydraulics and more capable than the G100. I found a JD 400 with 60" deck, 54" snow blade and 44" snow blower for cheap. Owner wants it gone. He says it runs and then cuts out after 30 min. Hasn't ran since last year and battery is dead. He put a new gear box on the 60" deck and a new muffler. I dont know the hours, its cheap enough i didnt care to ask...

Beside a battery, some gas and maybe some ether, what should i look for to get it running to drive the attachments up the trailer?

Hopefully this will the amazing deal I see many members find.
K301 12 to 14hp?
Hello, new guy here looking for some info on a K301Kohler. The motor has been rebuilt once with an over sized piston (x2) I think. It has blown up again and it's gonna need a bore. Can this block be bored to 14hp specs and a 14hp piston used? If so, what other issues might I face? Thanks for your help!
New Member Case 224/Ford LGT 18H
Hello Everyone,

Had seen a number of great posts on the site and decided if I was going to seriously start my tractor collection, I needed to join.

Looking forward to it!

Randy
New from Michigan
Hello my name is kurt and I'm just over a year into my mini Jeep build using a cub cadet model 71 transaxle.
This site has always been helpful with anything tractor related and I'm glad to finally join.
Looking for ideas for adding auxiliary lights to my GT
Husky GTxlsi garden tractor with a 42" snowblower. The factory LED lights aren't very bright. Looking for ideas for mounting on the front as well as maybe one on the back too. My walk behind Honda 828 Hydrostatic drive has one about 3 feet of the ground. Recently replaced the sealed beam bulb with an LED one and it's much better.
JD Power Flow Flow System
Would someone be kind enough to explain the difference between JD's "rear bagger system" versus its "power flow system"?
I take it that the latter is powered, whereas the former is not.
But what difference does this make when mowing?

On a related note, for the purpose of vacuuming up leaves in the fall, is using the "power flow system" just as good as using the JD "lawn sweeper"? Better? Worse?

Many thanks.
New Member JD X738 Owner
Hello from Virginia. Current owner of a John Deere X738 with a 54" mower and 54" snow blower. Just hit the 270 hour mark and 2 years old. Large lot of 10 acres that I currently keep all mowed (5 hours) so the X738 gets a good workout!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire