mercredi 22 août 2018

Caption This! 8-22-18

MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Caption This! 8-22-18
:tango_face_surprise :tango_face_surprise :tango_face_surprise :tango_face_surprise

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	38848753_2043127249312342_8369044462621425664_n.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	2329993  
Reverse clutch hub wobble on 12-G
Not sure if that's the right term for the part that is wobbling, but it's the round disk that engages the clutch lining. It's the part that spins constantly and engages the reverse clutch plate when the tractor is put in reverse. It seems to either be out of round or is warped so it doesn't engage evenly. It's hard for me to tell which. The shaft out of the transmission seems to be running true, so I think it's the disk itself that is not true.

It runs in reverse fine except for a lot of transmission noise when I put it in reverse. The noise occurs even when no gear is selected.

So my question is, is this a common problem and can this part be easily replaced? Is it indicative of some more serious issue? Is the noise in reverse something to be concerned with?

I just bought this machine. It has 1600 hours on it. The clutch splines were bone dry but the lining looks new. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
MTF Database Thread issue
Well we got another database thread issue again, the clicking on last page takes you to page 6 of the thread, it seems to show another page available but clicking on that just returns to the same page, and the indication that you have viewed/read is not updated either.

So the support staff at Vertical Scope need to do some database maintenance again.

https://www.mytractorforum.com/12-jo...oration-6.html
MF 165 tire size
I have a MF 165 i need some new front tires but im having a hard time finding the correct size.
the tires currently on there rightnow are goodyear 7.5L - 15 F2 tubeless 3 rib
when i look online and call every tire shop around here this size tire is for a forklift?? online it shows the correct tire size is for a 16" rim.
these are the tires that came with my tractor, and im wondering did someone before me just slap on the wrong size tires? when i measure the rim itself it measures 16.75"
JD318: Power steering bracket broken from frame
Major problem here. I was tooling down the driveway and suddenly had no steering. Upon investigation I discovered the power steering cylinder bracket had torn out of the frame. Not just that the bracket had broken off, but the entire frame section containing the welded-on bracket had torn out of the frame.

Has anyone had this happen?

How did you fix it? Is it feasible to weld a piece of plate on the back side of the frame and then weld the attachment with bracket back in the opening?

I read that the frame is heat treated 1018 and that if you weld on it you have to heat the area around the weld so it doesn't become brittle. I noted that the frame broke almost exactly around where the bracket was welded.

Any ideas of a temporary fix involving bolting through to a backing plate? If I could get it through the rest of the season I could strip it down this winter.

Or am I looking at junking this frame and finding a new one?

Thanks for any advice.

-Tom

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0482.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	2329947   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0483.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	2329949  
Kohler Magnum m18
Hi I just joined and I’m making a jd 317 into a puller wonder some upgrades to do to the Kohler Magnum m18 for more power thanks in advance
New Gravely Model L member
Thanks all,
I need to know what year a Model L is with a J 7122 ser#
Thanks
Jim
Questions about 420 with 44 loader
So, I have started a new project. I bought a frame for a 420 and now putting a 420 together. going to use a V twin engine, not sure which one yet. I plan to finish building a loader from mine and like how that sub frame is.



My questions on the 44 loader is what diameter is the tubes on the subframe that run to the front of the tractor and to the rear of the tractor?

What is done about the brake peddles on the right side are they cut or does the loader frame clear the peddles, from what few pictures I have found it looks like the uprights are next to the break peddles.

What size is the pulley on the pto clutch and on the lower shaft these have been hard to find.

My progress so far on the tractor build. Frame painted, running gear in. hydraulics installed, A new built wiring harness for the tractor. Other plans for tractor are a 3 point hitch but with a design change to it, 3 gang reel mower for the 3 pt hitch. Already have a aerator, and sprayed built for the 3pt hitch on my 318. And also build the tractor bracket for my 4 way blade I have on the 318.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_1338.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	481.6 KB
ID:	2329961   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_1340.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	374.1 KB
ID:	2329963   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_1342.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	388.5 KB
ID:	2329965   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_1343.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	355.2 KB
ID:	2329967  

x485 - which front PTO kit
So my back from the dead 'rebuild after seizure' x485 is still running well. I've sourced a front quick hitch and will be using my 47" snowblower that was previously used on my 445. But, I need to have a front PTO - and the one from the 445 isn't the right one according to my research.

The correct one is a bit of a mystery. The John Deere parts catalog references two kits: ST603778 and ST603779. The former is "old style" and latter is "new style". Also, it appears that the "new style" is NLA.

Which one do I need? What is the difference between the kits? TIA!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire