mardi 7 août 2018

Unknown Craftsman GT model number

MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Unknown Craftsman GT model number
Approximately 3 week ago I purchased a used Craftsman garden tractor. The tractor looked like it was rarely used. I cut grass with it yesterday and it is so noisy I may have to use ear plugs when I use it again.


As the title of this thread states I am trying to find out what model this tractor may be. For some reason the model, serial number sticker that is usually under the seat was removed. I looked all over the tractor and can not find any identifying numbers.

The tractor has a 20 hp twin cylinder kohler engine on it. Fortunately the engine had the sticker on it and I found it was manufactured on 4/3/1998. I assume the tractor is a 1998 model unless the engine was changed which I doubt.

The tractor is pained a dark green with white rims on it and has a hydro transmission. I assume it has an electric mower engage clutch on it since it has no handle to engage the blades. It will tight turn to the left but not as much to the right which I don’t understand. It has a 2 to 3 gallon gas tank on it. It is gas hog. It also loses some power at times and the engine rpm will surge up and down at times. I corrected this by pulling the choke out a bit and it seems to correct the problem for a while. I did add heet dry gas to the fuel tank and that seemed to correct the problem for a while but it returned yesterday when I used it. It also has a rubber hose sticking out of the rear and it looks like it is connected to the transmission. Also if this helps any the oil drain plug on the engine is up against the frame and cannot be removed without taking the engine out. I wasn’t about to do this so bought a oil evacuation pump in order to change the oil. I tried removing the 46” deck to lube it and sharpen the blades and gave up in frustration. There are more cotter pins then I have ever seen and one of them I can’t get to. My 30 year old Craftsman tractor has a deck that was easy to remove.

I have included some pictures of the tractor to see if anyone may have a tractor like it so that I can get a model number if I need parts for it. I am guessing it may be a LT1000 but am not sure since there are so many different models that Sears sold

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Ron

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0137.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	3.90 MB
ID:	2327425   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0139.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	4.34 MB
ID:	2327427   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0140.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	4.41 MB
ID:	2327429   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0141.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	5.75 MB
ID:	2327431  

Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0142.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	4.03 MB
ID:	2327433   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0143.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	4.39 MB
ID:	2327435   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0144.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	4.08 MB
ID:	2327437   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0145.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	4.65 MB
ID:	2327439  

Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0146.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	4.33 MB
ID:	2327441  
New Owner of a 318, and a Question
Hello from eastern Indiana! My neighbor down the road was selling his 1988 John Deere 318, so I jumped on the chance to get it. I have used it most of this summer mowing my horse pasture and the rougher areas around my house. I live on 5 acres in the country, and for about 9 years I have been using a John Deere 115A. It was seriously overmatched! I still have it, and I use it to mow around the house and the front lawn. It still cuts the grass well. I feel that it is a pretty well-built lawn tractor, but it does not have near the power of the 318!.

My question is this... My 318 has an Onan engine (Model and Spec# P218G-I/10462B; Serial #C883348431). The Product ID Number on the tractor is M00318X487650). From the looking that I have done online, I have determined that the tractor was made in 1988. I would like to find a manual that is specific to this tractor. I have looked on eBay, and there are many manuals, but they seem to be for specific years of the 318. Is there any place that I could purchase a reprint or used manual that would be specific to my 318 that was built in 1988? Thanks in advance for your time and help. take care.
-Rob
new member
Hi everyone
Remove mulch kit
I have a JD S240. How do I remove the mulch kit?
Lost power after three hours of usage
Hi,
I was running my LT155 for about three hours yesterday and I first noticed a little rough engine and then eventually a complete shutoff. I could on occasion get it restarted but the same thing would happen again and putting the idle control to slowest would always cause a shutoff.

Last season I have replaced the seat safety switch, the PTO switch and the Kohler ignition module (with proper gap set) - this year things were running fine until yesterday. Using forced air I have blown out the dust, under the seat, engine area. I am tempted to try another ignition module - my gut feeling is telling me it's that.

It is the original carb. I have a rebuild kit but have not used it yet. Does anyone have suggestions I might try? I can try another ignition module, new spark plug, change the fuel filter (it looks okay to me though.)

Thank you!
New addition to the stable
After weeks of searching Craigslist everyday, I finally found what I was looking for: A Sears Dozer/Snow blade complete with lift kit! For only $200.00!

So why am I all excited about paying $200.00 for a dozer/snow blade?





It came attached to a running 1984 GT18 6/sp complete with a set of tire chains and Carlisle 23 x 10.5 x 12 Ag tires! :tango_face_devil:
All I need now is a set of wheel weights and some snow!
It also came with a new Walmart EverStart battery, oil was just changed and new spark plugs were installed last year. If fired right up and we backed it onto my trailer.

The 18hp Briggs engine runs better than the one on my other 1984 GT18! It is less rusty (except for the foot boards) and the steering is tighter. Seat pan is in good shape but it does need recovering.

Don't plan on doing anything to this one. It will just be for plowing the driveway during the rare times we get a 6" snow here in southern KY and as a yard tug.

Here it is sitting next to my other 1984 GT18...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_3518W.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	2327341  
Hey guys!
Hey I'm Jimmy!

I grew down in Orlando working for a landscaping company there until I got into aviation and then the USCG where I've been serving up and down the East Coast for the last 20+ years.
New to forums but need help
I own a 1996 john deere 425. And I'm going broke trying to fix it.
Offered For Trade Simplicity 4040 (Columbus, GA)
I have a Simplicity 4040 that I bought about a year ago, I have always wanted one. My plan at the time was to do a

complete restore on it. It looks complete and shows 470 hours on the meter. I doubt its running as it appears to

have been left in the weather unused for a while. Its been in my garage since I bought it and I have not touched it

or attempted to start it. Lots of surface rust, but aside from that IMO looks good and will make a really nice

machine for someone wanting to restore/fix it up. I took extensive pictures and they will tell a much more complete

story. It has the 3-point hitch and I also have the deck (complete, but working condition unknown), box scraper,

and front blade. I don't have pics of the implements to post but will take some in the next couple days.

Since my free time is at a premium these days, I spent some time thinking about what I really wanted to spend more

time working on -- decided I'd rather have something that could fly instead of cut grass and move dirt! So I am

looking to trade this for an ultralight/experimental aircraft. An incomplete project or needing repair and

renovation is fine depending on what it is.

Tell me what you have and lets make a deal. Also, if anyone can clue me in on other forums where I can post this,

it will be appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0144.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	4.15 MB
ID:	2327551   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0146.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	5.05 MB
ID:	2327553   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0143.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	4.09 MB
ID:	2327555   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0145.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	4.67 MB
ID:	2327557  

Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0174.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	984.3 KB
ID:	2327559   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0165.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	2327561   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0151.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	3.78 MB
ID:	2327563   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0158.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	2327565  

Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0159.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	3.31 MB
ID:	2327567   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0160.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	2327569   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0168.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	3.59 MB
ID:	2327571   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0169.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	3.53 MB
ID:	2327573  

Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0170.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	2327575   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0164.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	3.36 MB
ID:	2327577   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0163.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	3.67 MB
ID:	2327579   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0155.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	2327581  

Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0156.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	4.10 MB
ID:	2327583   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0149.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	2327585  

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire