jeudi 30 août 2018

04 cub Zforce 44" deck issues - crooked and not lowering all the way, bent?

MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
04 cub Zforce 44" deck issues - crooked and not lowering all the way, bent?
Hi fellas,

Have done a few thing fixing up this old 2004 cub zforce 44 that my FIL bought used.

Downloaded all the manuals, researched online countless hours, not coming up with much so I figured asking the community may be my last option at learning about this problem.

Im new to repairs like this, I will try to write a short description, link to pics then go into detail lower incase that helps:

1) Deck is slightly higher on LHS, all tire pressure is to spec, the deck adjustment link on LHS cant be lowered any more, I adjusted it as low as possible

2) Possibly related issue: Deck adjustment works but the #2 and #1 lowest positions do not move the deck at all.

Pics of the deck adjustment diagram, distant shot of mower showing the LHS is higher, plus shots of the LH/RHS:
https://imgur.com/a/eRiHkuy

Short vid of deck height lever not lowering all the way

The deck is high on the left side. This deck can only be adjusted side to side by an adjustable link on the left side. The problem is, as you can see in my pics that jam nut is adjusted to the very lowest point, almost not fully threaded but the deck is still too high on the LHS.

I dont think the deck height system is seized up because I took deck off, then tried raising/lowering the height lever. The brackets/hangers on the mower move through all the height positions properly, it even moves when adjusted to #2 and #1 positions unlike when the deck is installed.

Could this be caused by mounting points on the deck being bent? I am looking at the removed deck and some of the mounts seem like they may be bent but is there a way to measure this somehow so I can provide more data to hopefully track these problems down?

Thanks for your time fellas, i'm a newbie when it comes to mowers and wanting to learn about repairing them -- hope im not being too annoyingly clueless, heh

Guy in Florida
Deck compatibility help
Anyone know if a deck off an x500 series machine will fit on a 455? Mine is pretty worn and I found a good deal on one but it’s a couple hours away, bringing mine to check would be tough.


Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D155 won't move (much)
Greetings all,

Halfway through mowing my 2+ acres this morning, my D155 decided that it no longer wanted to move forward. I can't correlate a specific action (hitting a rock, etc.) to the lack of movement. I can get it to move in reverse, but it doesn't go as fast as normal. The owner's manual provided two helpful (?!?) suggestions:

1. Make sure parking brake is off
2. Make sure bypass rod is not pulled out.

I ensured that both conditions are true, so I'm left wondering what else might be the issue. It's acting as if the parking brake is partially or mostly engaged, since engaging the forward motion pedal for an extended period creates a smell similar to a slipping belt. I assume I'm going to have to lift the rear end to see if there's something interfering with the parking brake mechanism and the transmission drive belt. Is there anything else I should be looking for?

Thanks!
A 3rd Sears In Our Lineup
I was going to wait until we started on the project but decided I may as well start one now.

A few weeks ago Adam, a friend I used to work with, came by and we swapped some tires on our tire machine for him for his truck. While in the garage he noticed my 2 Sears and said "I have an SS/16 out in the pasture, and if you want it it's yours free". Me, not being able to turn down that special F word we went to pick it up Monday evening.

He told me it was rough, and man was he right. The story goes that when him and his family moved into a new house 15 years ago (Adam was 14), he found this under a collapsed barn and dug it out and started messing with it. Shortly after he got his first truck project and this got left in the pasture. The hood also got ran over at some point

While checking out the tractor I noticed the extension handle and tiller lift arms, so I started scanning the fence row and saw the gold of the tillers chain case. I asked Adam if that was the tiller for it and he said "yep, want it". What was I going to do, leave it there? :sidelaugh

The motor is locked solid due to no exhaust on it, the transmission turns but won't shift even tho hi-lo works. The nosecone is toast, however the dash is not cracked at all and only has a few holes added to it. We have 2 parts 16hp Onans in the barn so we may make a franken-motor, or just wait for something to come up. Pop's said he would like to get it going to be "his tractor" to put his sickle mower on so I will keep and eye out. From the folks of the SSBTC they believe it is a 1975 model. Not quite sure what we will do with the tractor, but the tiller will be revived

It has been repowered by a '92 5hp B&S Industrial but the pulley on it is shattered and the belts are missing. A framework was added under the engine so all of that has to be figured out also. The tiller tines still half at least half there life left. The engine turns over and has compression tho so I think it may be salvageable

Enough jibber jabber, here are the pictures

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
Can't find intake to carb linkage for Magnum MV20S
I have a Magnum MV20S-57529 and I can't seem to locate the linkage that goes from the intake manifold to the carb. There's the linkage that goes up from the governor to the one on the intake manifold, then there's one that goes from the manifold to the carb (the one I'm missing). I've looked in the diagrams and can't find it. Pics attached of the weird bent linkage that's there.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0406.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	2331277  
John Deere 455 Landscape Rake
Looking to buy a landscape rake for my 455 JD, what does everyone recommend?
John Deere Model 70 Front Loader Hoses
Hello all,
I recently purchased a 70 loader to mount on my 755. The hoses are all pretty much shot and looking to replace them with hoses other than expensive JD parts. Who ever had loader before has a mix of 1/4" to 3/8" hoses and adapters. Can someone tell me what size hose is standard for this loader. I'm inclined to think the cylinder connections could be 1/4" since the steel hydraulic tubing is 3/8" OD and if designed with safety margin could make the ID 1/4". But I don't want to replace all the hoses with 1/4" only to find it restricts fluid flow too much.

Thanks for any insights...
Thanks for adding me to the group!
Hi all, looking to join the ranks of JD ownership. Need some help with deciding on a used model. will post question in appropriate forum (I hope)
Thanks,
Frank
Lawn Boy ovehaul was a success!
Over the past month or so I've been busy working on my tired '75 7264. I went in and gave the cylinder a hone, installed new rings, bearings, gaskets and seals. Had some hiccups with some aspects but in the end it all worked out.

It starts up and runs good. The piston slap and grinding noise are gone and it burbles nicley. It chews approximately 8" grass like it's nothing and sounds good under load.

A big thanks to the members of this forum. A good chunk of this rebuild relied on your guys' advice and in the end I have an almost new engine again :)

Also big shout out too rmotorsports for the decals. They look just like the originals and are a great price!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire