mardi 21 août 2018

Engine spotters, but doesn't die

MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Engine spotters, but doesn't die
I have a mtd riding mower with a 14.5 Briggs and Stratton i/c. Recently the engine has been sputtering, but doesn't die. I can't mow with it like it is. I've added a lot of heet to it, which usually helps clear it out, but it hasn't been working. Any suggestions?
Case 530 with a 188g
Hi once again it’s been a wile since I have been on here so here is my latest problem ! I have finally removed the blown 159 gas and have the 188 gas installed and running. Now that I have a couple hours run time on it I’m noticing that it’s burning a good amount of oil ?

When idling you can see very small amounts of smoke but after idling for even a minute once you bring rpm up to start moving a huge plum of blue smoke ???


Does this sound like valve seals or rings ? Does this motor even have valve seas I’m having a hard time locating them or is the valve guid double as the seal ?

Anyways thanks in advance
Columbia 990 lever conversion
There is an Ebay listing for a Columbia tractor in which he converted the shifter lever to a foot pedal operation. Anyone done this & is it as simple as it looks? It looks like he just bolted a pedal on to rotate the shaft.Attachment 2329693

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	col.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	279.4 KB
ID:	2329693   Click image for larger version
Name:	20160523_170329 - Copy (3).jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	2329695  
New to the forum
About danc911

Biography: '76 Cub Cadet 1450, '66 Jacobsen Lawn Chief, '55 Allis Chalmers B, '50 Allis Chalmers WD
Location: CT
Interests: Antique tractors, hunting, fishing, basically anything to get me outside.
Occupation: Firefighter/Paramedic

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	2017-08-05 16.48.30.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	5.53 MB
ID:	2329835  
need a new trimmer for 10 acre property
I maintain my moms/grandma's 10 acre farm. I got away with a cheapo troybilt gas trimmer (barely) for the last 3 years and it's finally bit the big one. Hardly will turn the head anymore if it will stay started. i'm tired of messing with it. Either way, with how everything is overgrown now (and seeing me struggle/swear/scream etc), they've finally come around to spitting out the money for a decent trimmer.

There's only about 7 acres of actual grass area. 3 is thick woods and a creek so I don't need to worry about that. Along the fences, around the house, barn, horse stall, chicken coupe, goose pen and a few areas where a brush cutter attachment would be a good friend to have. Blackberry vines in particular are a bear to get shredded up and some rather woody stemmed weeds if they're allowed to get to any size. Live in coastal Alabama and starting to get snakes up the overgrown/hard to cut places.

Budget is about $250

Looking for durability, straight shaft, good warranty, parts availability, reliability, ease of maintenance and will take a brush cutter attachment well. I've been eyeing the echo stuff more than anything. I don't want to go overkill on it, but I don't want to underbuy either. I don't have enough gas trimmer experience to blindly buy anything. I need some models to take a peak at.

ease of loading the string doesn't matter much at all to me nor the weight. I'd like to cut down on running time. that little troybilt would take me a few hours to get everything munched down.
Debating 445 vs X700...or other
I am looking for a new garden tractor that will be used for snow plowing and mowing...3ph as well. Up until this point I have been searching for a 445. That particular tractor seems to fit my needs well. It falls into my budget ($3000 ish), has hydraulic hookups, and plenty of room to grow with adding a bucket later on.

Lately I have seen an ad for an X700 ultimate that seems like a good deal. Problem is there just doesn't seem to be much information on this series on the internet. It appears to have the same capabilities as a 445, same size etc. just newer.

Which is the better choice?
Tractor information forum
Just joined. Looking for info on a massey I'm thinking of buying.
Thanks
New and Looking for Help
Hey all,
I my name is Mike and im new to the forum/tractor world. I've been looking around for something to start on ad the other day i was hiking through my woods and found this. What steps should i take on seeing if it is worth taking out.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	20180819_161250.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	5.13 MB
ID:	2329721  
Craftsman II Engine and Trans-axle swap
Hello y'all,

Background, Story time, and a introductory post.

I have a 1993 Craftsman II (917.255470) (AYP) with a 14hp 1 cyl. B&S, this was my grandfathers mower and was his pride and joy. After he passed in '96 it stayed with my grandmother and her son (my uncle) proceeded to use it to maintain the yard and abuse and neglect the poor thing for the next 14 years till he finally killed it and left it sitting in the backyard for 6 months (couldn't be bothered to push it back into the shed 30 yards away). I revived the mower, turns out the anti-diesel solenoid on the carburetor went bad not allowing fuel to flow through the carb. It had been bad for a while and he apparently thought fixing it was hitting it with a wrench or twisting it back and forth. New solenoid, three tubes and one new tire (all where flat filled with that gosh awful green slime, one was beyond tubing), new battery, and fresh oil for the first time since my grandfather passed away and she was back in service. While the mower still stayed at my grandmothers house I retained possession of the keys to keep my uncle from using it. My younger brother and I started taking care of the yard at this point until my grandmother passed in 2014. The mower went into storage for a while till I got married in 2015 and has been cutting my yard since with regular maintenance every season. Unfortunately every season since I revived the mower, the oil has gotten darker with more silver tinge, and also burning more oil. I can tell the poor thing is down in the power department and really needs to be taken out of service. Compounding this the Dana trans-axle is having a harder and harder time shifting into 1st or 2nd, it wants to go straight to 3rd or higher which is too fast for mowing.

I have been on the hunt for a replacement motor for a while. This mower has some very strong sentimental value to me and I want to keep it going for many years to come. I can't take the mower out of service yet because it is my primary mower (have a small push mower I use between flower beds and the trees where the rider can't fit). I recently came across a low hour, mostly complete MTD built Yard Machine (no model sticker under the seat, but I believe its a 2000-2002 model) with 20hp Twin II (461707-0143-E1 0009155B) and a Hydro-static Trans-axle (Hydro Gear HG 311-0510) for a price that was unbelievable. The owners son was selling it as his father was in ill health and was tinkering on it a year ago before his health started to fail and couldn't put it back together (wasn't getting fuel). It was missing all the front sheet metal and the operators station had some severe rusting issues (looks like rust got under the paint and it started lifting up in sheets).

I have the Sears parts diagram for my mower and a year newer Twin II LT4000 (1994 917.257560) to compare parts diagrams. I've already started making notes as to what is different and whats the same, what I can buy vs modify, etc.

My plan is to first start stripping the parts mower, bagging and tagging what I will need and might need and also will allow me to get the major components inside out of the weather (motor is bagged currently). I really need to get it stripped as it is an eye sore and my wife told me I had a week to make it disappear or I will :hide: . I have a run stand that I will pull out of storage and set the motor up on to get it running and remove the tins to have a new coat of paint and cleanup the motor and a possible de-carbon. After that I will start to work on the small parts I will need to complete the motor swap and trans-axle swap. I already know I will be doing some fun and interesting modification to linkages and brackets for the trans-axle going from an AYP built manual chassis to a automatic from a MTD chassis. I am an engineer and this will be a fun side project for me this winter. I will update this thread as I strip the MTD and progress through the swap. I wish I could say this will be a fast build, but it won't, with this being my main mower it will mostly minor updates for the next few months. I'm just so excited to start this project I wanted to get a thread going already.

Thank y'all for this wonderful site.
Michael

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire