lundi 13 août 2018

Built a Winch Lift Receiver Sleeve Hitch for my XT3

MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Built a Winch Lift Receiver Sleeve Hitch for my XT3
I worked on this for a couple of partial weekend days and finished it yesterday. Still need to put a couple of gussets on it for my peace of mind and I'll do some more pics as I break it down to paint.

I modified an ATV 2" receiver hitch to sit under the tractor hitch and closer to the tractor then welded the winch stand to a 2" hitch. An extra U-shaped bar is welded to the top of the receiver and fastened to the tractor frame to help support it. Arms are from an old re-purposed truck hitch and are attached to the rear of the tractor frame by 1/2" pins and have a standard 5/8" sleeve hitch mount.

The winch and its mount can slide out of the receiver hitch to be removed and the lift arms detach with 2 clips as well. The 2" receiver hitch stays attached to the tractor and is under the factory hitch and flush with the rear of the factory tractor hitch.

This is it lifting my 200+ lb drag which will get a sleeve hitch attachment welded to it when my back calms down--sitting on an ice pack right now. As I break it down for paint I'll post more pics of the individual parts. I have <$100 in the build as all the iron was bought at the scrapyard. Winch from Harbor Freight with a coupon for $50 and has a wireless remote control that clips on my tractor keyring.

Whats everyone using for a workshop air filter/cleaner?
I'm too lazy/stubborn to put on a dust mask in the shop so I usually try to run some type of fan or have some ventilation going when I'm cutting, grinding, sanding, welding, cutting or painting. I have two box fans set up right now with 20x20x1 furnace filters on them but they don't seem to filter much air, I don't think a box fan can handle much restriction before stalling out.

Today I started building a bigger unit with my old furnace blower with a 1/2 hp motor. It really moves a lot of air on high! Its a 4 speed motor so I wired it to medium-high for now. I stacked two filters, outside is the cheap fiber filter to catch the big stuff and the inner is a cheap paper filter for dust. Its inside a small shelf mounted on wheels so I can roll it any where I need it. I still need to finish up the tin work on the outlet side.

I'd like to hear what others have set up?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	workshop air filter.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	2328407  
have to see to believe
Hydraulic screech
I have an 8163-G with hydraulic lift. When the mower deck reaches the full up position, I hear a screeching sound until I release the lever. Is this normal? I have adjusted the deck lift mechanism according to the manual. Thanks.
Caption This! 8-13-18
:tango_face_surprise :tango_face_surprise :tango_face_surprise :tango_face_surprise

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	3smart.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	2328431  
Massey Ferguson TO35 Tires
What tire sizes will fit?
John Deere 322 Compression 190/180/000 + White Smoke
John Deere 322 Compression 190/180/000psi + White Smoke.

My tractor problems continue. The motor has about 1000 hours.
I replaced the Ignition module but the engine runs and dies. I tested the compression 190/180/000psi.
During the compression test, I had all three plugs out and large quantities (ounces) of gassy liquid were geysering out. I could not tell if all gas or gas and water. I think the latter.
Its also blowing white smoke and the radiator water level is way down
Sounds like head issues.....

Questions:
I have the 322 Tech Manual and it references the Engine CTM, can someone post a link to the Engine CTM?
What would you do what are next steps?
I'm holding off pulling the head as I want to make sure on the procedure for retaining the timing.

All hints and suggestions appreciated. It goes w/o saying I'm super bummed.

TIA,
DavidF
STX PTO switch
Whirly...this is the switch with which I am having a problem...it is stuck in "on" position....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_3416.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	2328335   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_3417.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	2328337  
For sale: John Deere Freedom 42 mulching mower deck for LT series
I bought this and went over it thinking it would fit my SST18. It doesn't. Now I need to sell it. Located in 17109. Asking $300.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire