lundi 6 août 2018

Starter or valves?

MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Starter or valves?
This morning I picked up a pair of Poulan lawn tractors with briggs intek engines. One has bent push rods and will need a bit of help, the other wont turn over. t tries, but doesn't move much & there just isn't enough power in the starter to turn it. I put a known good battery in it but still no dice. I remember reading about valve adjustment in a case like this. Would the valves being out of adjustment make it that hard to turn over? I've tried to turn it by hand & it's still almost impossible.
Need help with 1025r AutoConnect BLV10616
Hello all. I recently purchased a 60D mower deck for my John Deere 1025TLB with manual connect. All the time that I spend removing the deck for other tasks, I decided to purchase the BLV10616 auto connect option from someone on the internet. Since I bought it from another user, it did not come with any installation instructions. Does anyone have a copy that they could scan and send to me? Any help would be appreciated at getting this installed and adjusted correctly. I haven’t been able to find them on the internet for download. Thanks to all.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cub Cadet RZT \ Kohler Courage 22 stalling when hot
Hi all, new member here reaching out to get some help on my 2010 Cub Cadet RZT w/ Kohler Courage 22 engine.

After ~20 minutes of mowing, the engine will start to stall and sometimes backfire. If I come to a stop, turn off the blades, and turn down the throttle, the stalling stops and the engine will idle fine. The engine doesn't completely die, but definitely sputters/stalls with the occasional backfire. Returns to running fine when you take the load off the engine. If I let it idle for a minute, turn it back up full throttle and kick the blades on, I might get ~1 minute of mowing in before the issue reappears.

Things I have tried that did not help:
- Opened gas cap
- Replaced fuel filter, fuel lines, cleaned out gas tank
- Removed and cleaned carb
- New spark plugs

My thoughts are it is definitely heat related (engine gets pretty hot mowing in this 90+ degree St. Louis weather), but unsure if it has to do with fuel supply or possibly electrical?

It seems as though there are a lot of threads out there where people have had similar issues, but I am having a hard time resolving this one.

Thanks, let me know if I am missing any details, and I appreciate any thoughts/comments!
Saw a sad sight today!
Out and about today and saw a "junkie" or a "scrapper" with a trailer load of junk. Trailer had 2 Massey Fergusons and 2 or 3 Cub Cadets along with the usual car doors,hoods,wheels, a couple of washing machines, etc. I only had about a 10 second look but the GTs didnt look all that bad. Probably dragged out of a barn or shed. Didn't even seem to be very rusty. Shame! Looked saveable to me. Seemed like the tires were still up on the Masseys. Pretty sure they are on their way to the scrapyard and a date with the shredder! What a waste!
Sickle Mower Attachment Value?
Hi gang.

I've never found an older Simplicity tractor around here, but I have happened into this sickle bar attachment. Are all the parts here, and what is it worth?

THanks.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	00v0v_dNfg2bjs0no_1200x900.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	2327133  
445 FI light not on when key on and don't hear the fuel pump
Ran the other night brooming in a dusty building, shut it off and next day it wont start.
Key on, no fuel light on but engine cranks. Don't hear the fuel pump priming either. What would cause the light to not come on? Do the PTO, brake and seat switch (which I have jumped) have to be working for the fuel system to charge?
:tango_face_crying:
Newbie
Hi all Iwill be asking questions on 318’s. Always wanted one since I was a kid. Now that I have one it needs maintenance.

Thanks all in advance for all the help.
Tim
Briggs 14R6 Question
Hello Y'all!

It's been awhile since I've posted anything, but I've begun to tinker in my garage and I'm restoring a Briggs & Stratton 14R6. This engine restoration is part of a bigger restoration project, an Eclipse Speedway Reel Mower. So, the engine is first and the 14R6 goes really well with the Lawn Tank, the Eclipse Speedway! The engine had missing parts, seems the previous owner attempted to work on both the mower and engine. So, I'm finding damaged / abused parts, but nothing beyond repair.

Anyway, I've disassembled the engine, and now disassembling the carburetor. I need to know what is the thread size of the nozzle, that traverses the lower carb body into the upper carb body? I had to drill this thing out, and used an Easy-Out to remove it. Now I want to chase these threads with a tap, so that the new nozzle goes on all the way, and threads on the new nozzle do not get damaged.


Thanks
Lou

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	DSC00003.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	2327127  
Check out what followed me home today
After the Briggs motor threw a rod without any warning on my 8162B I figured the best plan was to find a complete replacement engine of what ever make, to get it back in service then rebuild the Briggs later. After searching. I found this. I do think it is a 817 by the hour meter and oil light on the dash, but the motor was replaced with a 12HP Kohler. The unit runs, drives and operates with only minor issues. My wife is so proud of me, all she could do is shake her head and walk away speech-less.

Todd

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	DSCF0543.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	2327185   Click image for larger version
Name:	DSCF0544.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	2327187   Click image for larger version
Name:	DSCF0545.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	2327189   Click image for larger version
Name:	DSCF0546.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	2327191  

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire