jeudi 9 août 2018

New to tractor forum

MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
New to tractor forum
Hi im Barry from Christchurch, New Zealand. I'm retired and have been mucking round with ride on lawnmowers over the years, mostly powerponys. These are a take off of the wheelhorse ride ons. A couple of kiwis (new zealanders) who worked in the USA where they make the wheelhorses came back to NZ with ideas and started the powerpony.

I have joined this forum for some good advice, I recently bought Massey Ferguson MF 50-22ZT and have decided to put a front end loader on it. It has the ezt2200 trans and I know it wont last very long with a loader on it so I was thinking about fitting a zt3400 hydro in it. Is there much involded in changing the two over and will it fit ? Can someone tell me how I post a new thread ?

Thankyou

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	cropped-timaru-2.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	2327643  
Help - first real fixer upper - ran low on oil and knocking
This is my first real fixer upper project where the tractor came in pieces. Picked up a LX288 or 9 tractor with a water cooled engine. The previous owner unbolted and unplugged the engine from the tractor. He said someone ran it with low or no oil and the engine started knocking. I didn't get in the details since the price was right. The tractor has sat for at least a year and I found a small nest in the air intake.


I am trying to find out what I can do to bring the tractor back to life. Looking for easy stuff to do first. I am willing to do nearly everything except opening the engine and do stuff like change piston rings, get cylinders re-honed, etc. I want to get it to run first to see what has to be done.

I plan on buying or doing the following.

1. Open valve clove cover and checking the condition of the rods.

2. Buy new fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs, fuel cap (old one broken),

3. Clean the carb, if cheap just buy a new carb

Thanks in advance
John Deere 180 value?
I came into possession of a John deere 180 when we purchased our house. It never started for me,but I put exactly no effort or time into fixing it. Not sure what the problem may be, could be battery (house sat vacant for a year or two, no idea how long the mower sat since last use) could be anything.

I bought a used x500 and have been using it since and have every intent of fixing the 180 for use some day but I'm not mechanically inclined to tinker and fix a mower, especially if I don't know what to fix. I can do oil and change a battery, but yeah the x500 is my first tractor and I'm new to this whole life style.

Is there any market or value to the deere 180 model sitting in my garage. It is just collection dust, has a flat tire etc. Is it worth something to collector? Would I be asking someone to pick it up for free to clear space? Is it worth 100? 200? No idea what the value may be.

Thanks
Dan
made the leap, converted to electric fuel pump
Hey there fellow Bolens fans!

I've finally made the leap to an electric fuel pump for the GT2000. The old mechanical one was just not doing it anymore. the tractor would cut out on uphills and side hills where the pump needs to pull fuel upwards. I thought I'd share the process here, and maybe help someone that has been looking at it as an option.

See the whole process here

it was remarkably straight forward. the hardest part was finding a wire in the ignition switch that only supplied power when the key was on. But even that was only a schematic away.

Best
Fuel blockage or bad pump or other?
What's the best way to diagnose the source of this problem?

I have a 2003 Husqvarna GTH2548 (repowered with a much newer Briggs, see my signature), which stalled on me the other day. It's acting like it's starving for gas (ran better with choke for a short while). I could get it running roughly, and it would stall if I tried to engage the mower deck.

I noticed that the fuel filter (clear) had very little fuel in it, and when I restarted it, it seemed to disappear. I had been cutting grass for about 30 minutes prior to this, with no warning symptoms. I was able to drive it back to the shed, but running roughly the whole way.

I had just refilled the tank earlier in the day, not sure if I may have dislodged something in the tank, or if that was just a coincidence???

This tractor is new to me earlier this year.

Mike
GT 2554 Transmission and a Bad Day
So, I had an extremely bad day. I have a 2006 Cub Cadet GT2554. While transporting my tractor, the tie down strap broke and the tractor came off the back of the trailer. Overall, things could have been much worse. My biggest concern at the moment is that I cannot get the tractor to move. I have a video of the drive shaft spinning, and it looks to be OK. When I press the forward or reverse pedals, I get a loud humming sound. I don't believe that there is any type of grinding. The lever on the back to release the transmission broke off when I pulled it. The tractor will role backwards, but not forwards. Other than replacing all of my tie down straps, any suggestions for evaluating the problem?
Ford 335 Tractor Timer Relay
Hello,
Anyone have a part number for a timer relay for my Ford 335 tractor. I seen this post by Tony Bachler and think this is my issuse of my tractor not starting.

"That is interesting; Because the Glow Plugs Need to get Hot. No matter How cold or warm. If that has the little 3 Cylinder Diesel. I Had to replace that little timer Relay Twice . It is down on the Left side of the fire wall, Behind the Engine.It is Black About 1 inch square and about 2 inches long.. What was Happing with 2 of mine . It was kicking off before the Glow plugs got hot enough to Fire the Diesel.. When the diesel would fire it would smoke White Till it got warm... You can test it by putting a lighted jumper on the glow Plug wire. When you turn the switch on. It should be on for about 20/25 seconds, That would be long enough to make the glow plug hot... That little Relay you can put in your shirt pocket is about $100.00 Dollars. But with out it the tractor Is Use less.. Life is good.."
Can a GT6000 be used for steering parts donar for Craftsman II
I just got a 1987 Craftsman II. Haven't really had a good look at it yet. But I did notice the steering doesn't turn good to one side. I can't get my head up in there for a good look until I drop the deck.

My model number is 917.255913. I don not know anything about the other one yet.

A newer GT6000 is available. Says for parts or repair. I can get it for $50. I'm drawing a blank on what the half moon geared parts are called,,,lol. But would they be the same.

Whould the new GT be good for other parts. Like rear end,, or what ever. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	20180806_183224[2].jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	5.01 MB
ID:	2327699   Click image for larger version
Name:	37381664_10212685596243065_1031083659060314112_n.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	2327701  
New Member with ID question
Good morning all...

New member here! Thanks for having me, this is a great source of info and a fantastic forum for idea sharing.

Can i start with a request for help...I picked up 3 tractors the other day and need some help identifying the models:

Of interest to me is the orange and white one - which has chrome trim on all edges which I've never seen before - clutch pedal looks post-1963...

ID Plates are non-existent

thanks to everyone

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0826.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	5.28 MB
ID:	2327671   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0827.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	5.62 MB
ID:	2327673   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0829.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	5.13 MB
ID:	2327675  

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire