samedi 25 août 2018

nh tz25da

MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
nh tz25da
new here wanting to get some help with my nh. looking forward to meeting new users.
Growing up with Gravelys (Long Read)
Some of my earliest memories were sitting on my dads old 1970 408 with my mom driving plowing my grandfathers garden. Yes, I said plowing! My dad, who is now in his 70's, only bought one riding mower new in his life. That was a 1970 Gravely 408 for $450. In the late 70's he decided to give it to my grandfather, who had no grass to mow, but did have a 3 acre field that needed plowing. So he proceeded to build a rear lift and modified some old plows he had to do the job, he also made a scrape blade to keep his driveway smooth. Now, my granddad was no small guy, he weighed somewhere in the 300 lbs range.

Sometime around 1988 the rearend went out on the 408...

Flash forward about 12 years, and the 408 was about to get scrapped. This was just before I got acclimated to the internet. Growing up in Georgia, I had only seen maybe two other Gravely's in my life. An 812 a local doctor had, and a two wheel tractor near my parents house. Apparently in the 70's, the son of the person who owned the local Ford dealership sold Gravely's for a short time out of the dealership.

I couldn't let the old girl go to the crusher. I ended up spending $400 on new gears for the rearend trying to put it back together, it had been dissembled long ago and left outside. The main gear was worn and had been lost. Little did I know several other gears were lost too. Hence the price for getting the transmission back together. Luckily, I found an old Gravely dealership in Kentucky that had all the gears.

Since then, the tractor is sitting in the corner waiting for a complete restoration. We no longer have the original deck, but have another complete 408 with deck, (its a later red and white model).

In the mid 2000's my dad and I picked up 4 more Gravelys, a 67 424, a commercial 430 with an onan, a 812 with hydro lift and a 818T. The 818 was repainted in 05 for my mom to use, which she never did, my brother used it 10 years ago for a short time, he rode it hard and put it away wet!

My wife and I moved into a home on 5 acres last year. We, (I) wanted something that could help with all the landscaping we need to do around here (ie, Kubota). I sold my collection of garden tractors, but I'm not ready to pull the trigger on a diesel tractor, I need more funds to buy what I'm looking for.

So out comes the 818T after a ten year hibernation of sitting under a ragged tarp. I have to say I really enjoy this tractor! I have some bugs to work out but so far its been great! Here's some photos from yesterday.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_3430.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	2330295   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_3431.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	4.56 MB
ID:	2330297   Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_3434.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	4.96 MB
ID:	2330299  
Sears st/16
For sale with three point hitch and plow 150dollars
Yanmar YM155D quit
Took my Yanmar out to disc the garden and about a couple of minutes into it, the engine started making kind of a clacking noise then quit. Just before it quit I glanced at the oil pressure gauge and all looked well. I tried restarting but seemed to turn over kind of different. I decided I'll try to restart after giving the battery a full charge. Oil level on dipstick is normal. I'm sure where to start?
Ford 1620 4x4
Brand new here and looking forward to gaining some insight/knowledge on my Ford 1620 tractor. Recently bought it and will need some pointers on how to do some things. Looking forward to learning.
Gravely and growing
I am a proud owner of multiple gravely. Since most of these originated from my wife's grandfather, they will be with me forever.

Gravely 16G Rider with multiple attachements
Gravely 5260 with snowblower, tiller, mowing deck
Gravely 12G
50" deck belt alternatives
The part number for the 50" belt is 07226700. Listed in Jacks as 114.80". Anybody using an alternate brand?, Napa? Something less expensive than $52.00? Yes, I am tight. I got 2 kids in college!
mower lift links
Hi all
Does anybody out there know or have access to the demensions of the mower deck lift links as mine are missing. I have a 73 or 74 mtd 990 without the quick attach deck. by the way it is a 42" deck. I should add that it is not the links on the deck itself but the two that actually lift the deck. They go from the lift arm to the pivot.
Thanks in adavance
Photoshoot of the 12v
Did a few more things to the 12v recently such as a 4th gen heavy duty Moog front steering linkage kit, replacement of a few leaking seals and a matching Fabfours rear off road bumper. This thing rips!

n














Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire