dimanche 12 août 2018

1958 International 330 Utility Tractor (Albany, NY)

MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
1958 International 330 Utility Tractor (Albany, NY)
Listed on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/232883307547

Purchased new by my father and has always been stored in a dry building. The tractor ran fine 3 years ago when parked in the building. It currently turns over and lights work, etc., however, we did not try to start the machine as the fluids have not been checked. The tractor is in a tight bay and it was difficult to take overall pictures. I have the original Manual, service history papers and all material and documentation. A new battery was recently purchased.

1958 International 330 Utility Tractor Made by International Harvester Company-Chicago Illinois The tractor is equipped with Power Steering, a 2-point "Fast Hitch", is a 4 Cylinder (134.8 ci) and weight is 3920 lbs. Hour Meter reading: 455.5

The 1958 330 IH Tractor is a rare find, only 4,263 of these tractors were built and many did not survive as they were sold into the industrial world.

Accessories / Attachments: Three-point Hitch adapter PTO Shield Original Tool Box (for mounting) New Battery Tire Chains Lord Bucket Loader Plow Mohawk Rotary Cutter (Brush Hog)
This tractor was proudly operated and lovingly cared for.

PICK UP ONLY. WE ARE LOCATED IN THE ALBANY NEW YORK AREA.
Sentinel by murray 145/106 keeps cranking longtime
I have an automatic drive Sentinel By Murray 145/106 with I/C 14,5 hp B&S engine. It has fuel cut off swtich in the carb.

I have eliminated almost all of the safety (grounding) switches . It has a new battery also.

Problem, it keeps cranking for a longtime, even when warm, or just shut off. Takes about 10-15 seconds to start the engine ;( does these have a fuel pump somewhere? engine is: 287707-0225-01

Electrical system is similar to: https://az417944.vo.msecnd.net/diagr...em/diagram.gif

IT has same colors and same switches.

EDIT: it also has new ignition switch. The fule cut off switch kliks when switch not in OFF position.
Another one from PA
Have probably been here over the years but spent most of yesterday digging around for hydro-gear info. Decided to join and maybe jump in.
Thumbs up from me to Earthquake
I have a Earthquake cultivator that's about 3 years old and another I converted to an edger that is about 5 or six years old and I have say I am impressed with the dependability of these little machines. Earthquake uses the same 43cc engine on several different implements and the parts are easy to find and reasonable. I can understand machines breaking down but It really irritates me to have to look all over the world for parts and then get screwed over on the price. I have a tendency to really abuse power equipment and these two have managed to hold up under my abuse. I'D be interested in if anyone else has had good luck with their products.
Just ordered my new TS354XD
I saw it in the crate, should be delivered next Saturday.
To restore or not to restore.
How do you know when a restoration project is worth it? My main concern is with my cub 109 I recently picked up. It's a beautiful machine but it isn't running. It is missing the head bolts so it has not been fired up. What all should I consider? How do I tell if the motor is good? What are some things I should look out for? I talked the guy down to $60 so I'm not to deep in as of yet.
Hello from Arkansas! WPS!
I recently purchased a John Deere L130 that seems to be in OK condition but will need a little work and some maintenance. It had sat in a barn for several years before I bought it. I am looking forward to learning more about it.
I am a banker by trade and a closet lawn mower repair person. (I love a good puzzle)
So glad I found this group. Looking forward to learning more about my John Deere.

I had a old Craftsman mower that I had replaced the fuel lines, belts, plugs, filters, blades and changed the oil, etc. I've had the deck off more times than I can count. I am familiar with some of the basics, but have much more to learn. Looking forward to learning from this group!
JD318 Deck Model
I found a deck off of a 318, it’s in fair shape. I’d like to clean it up a bit and buy some replacement parts. It has three (3) 16 inch cutting blades. It doesn’t have decals or any other tags to identify the model. How can I determine the model? I would like to replace the rollers, wheels and perhaps some other parts as I get into it.
Thanks!
Finally had to Shim a Deck Spindle.
Yesterday I bought a pretty decent 38" deck as would come on an LX17X. Spindles are smooth, double stack pulley smooth, idler slightly noisy, belt on it's last legs, high lift blades in pretty decent shape and even sharp !!! I sharpened them some more and balanced them on my new/used Magna Matic 1000 which is total overkill. I even have the primary belt on hand so I can use this deck under my LX255. These are nice cutting well made decks and I have been keeping an eye on the webs.

So today after putting out 25 bags of cypress mulch I put the deck under the LX and started checking the level. I got the lh side spot on pretty quickly but the right was low at the rear and the front was higher than the rear . Just no way to adjust it so I added one 5/16" washer under each of the rear mount bosses to raise up the rear tip. While I had the deck out I lowered the adjuster nut on that side to get a head start.

I threw the deck back under the LX and pretty quickly got a really good set up. Both rear tips up about 1/8" to 1/4" and the fronts right at 3" with the adjuster knob on "3".

So I then fired up the motor and cut some grass. The exit chute is missing and with the high lift blades you really get some air and clippings exiting at high speed. I've been using a 44 Piranha the last 3 months and have forgot what it's like to have large clippings everywhere. The high lift blades DID work good for blowing the leaves and clippings off the driveway !!

I used the 44P out back as the clippings would be a bother.


So if you have a deck that has a tip that won't cooperate don't hesitate to shim the spindle housing.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire