vendredi 31 août 2018

1974 Model 112 Electric Lift....Questions...

MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
1974 Model 112 Electric Lift....Questions...
Hello everyone, new to group but have been lurking here for a while. I am scratching my head on something so I thought I would ask.....

Tractor is a 1974 JD 112 with electric lift and a Kohler K301 engine. Dad bought it new in January 1974, and I spent much of my youth on it mowing a number of properties they had back then. Dad passed about 7 years ago and it's now mine. I took it to the shop he went to long term for a check up, and long story short...they kept it 2 months and it looks like a gorilla with a bad attitude worked on it. It ran only a few weeks and I parked it. Health kept me from digging into it, but I have now.

I found two condensers in the circuit, the coil smashed and the bracket for it bent way out of shape, bad points, the wrong spark plug and the deck had been cut by a pedal (maybe to get it off?). I have replaced the battery, points, plug, condenser, coil and bracket and it ran much better. Also replaced front tires and bearings while I was at it. A week ago it died completely (no turn over, no run) and it turned out to be a broken wire for the safety switch. I put on a new end and it was fine....until....

I was mowing and it seemed like the mower deck wasn't shutting off when I moved the handle. It became intermittent and shut off sometimes. The weather started to go bad quickly (Florida), and I started back for the garage- when the engine began surging and cutting off. Sounded like fuel starvation, and it died. I had a can of starter fluid nearby, and it wouldn't start again. Acted like no spark. I had to cover it and leave it out back for a couple of days. Checking the wiring, I found no 12 volt at the positive side of the coil. I swapped in a new ignition switch and found no change. It cranked but wouldn't start. I got test leads to just run a hot to the coil the next day to get it back inside......The next day...it wouldn't even crank. Battery shows a good charge on it still.

There is so little in the circuit, I can't imagine what it might be. Is there some sort of chronic issue that sounds like this? I believe the safety switch is in both the ignition and starting circuit, but don't see anything in the 12 volt feed to the coil...am I missing something simple? Will have to pull the battery tray again to dig into it, but was hoping for direction first!
Agrifab 44 Lawn Sweeper
Hey folks. I bought the Agrifab Lawn Sweeper to save some money on leaf cleanup this year, vs Power Flow.

So far I'm not too impressed. It was missing a few parts, and the front of it is already badly dented from going over a small tree stump. Plus every time I go down a hill to the bottom, the bag dumps part of the contents out as it scrapes along the ground.

Does anyone else have experience of Lawn Sweepers on hilly properties? Did I just make the wrong choice?

I'm thinking to return it and pony up for the Power Flow, maybe JD will have a fall discount.
Hello everyone from Indiana, former Oklahoma
Have worked on tractors (seems like a very long time), restored old ones, worked for IH, JD. Now have JD4400 Compact Utility.
Have a blessed day.
Ford 3000 vacuum advance
I have a 1966 gas Ford 3000, does anyone know what the part # for the vacuum advance tube is? The tube on ours broke. Or does the tractor need this?
G.A.S. Flare Up
With the MOW-IN just around the corner and a half empty enclosed trailer taunting me (Barn is full).

My G.A.S. is acting up....have been slowly starting to acquire stuff locally..... Couldn't find anything at CVS to address the issue...

A nice leaf blower attachment would help alleviate some of the symptoms :tango_face_devil:
New to the forum
Hey all, stumbled upon the forum looking for some help on my Garden tractor. Seems full of good info
Three weeks vacation?
Hernia repair today- second recurrence. First done in 1977, second in 2005. This is going to impact my Fall projects!

On the bright side, I didn’t let its presence impact my Spring and Summer schedule: tiller repaired, garden in and maintained, lawns kept up, trees sawn and bucked ...among other mundane chores. It was time to get it done, though, ahead of Winter’s rigors.

And now I can convalesce and forget about work for a while :tango_face_smile:
Belt size for 2 Belt Mower Deck
I need to know the belt size for the 2 belt mower deck. I only need the outside spindle pulley belts. I assume they are the same size. Anybody know? I have the PTO belt.

I want to setup my tension pulleys. I would like to start with the correct belts size.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_0269.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	825.6 KB
ID:	2331497  
Good buy?
Need some help, guys, as I am a total novice and have never owned a rider: Simplicity Sunstar 20H, front & mid pto, diff lock, 1900+ hours (woof!), 48” deck, rollers look good, couple dinged rims, tire weights, hydraulic deck lift only, and power steering. No 3 pt but different kind of rear end than I’m used to seeing. Looks like it cuts well. Attached some photos. Hoping to pickup tomorrow. $500 handshake price. My questions are “Should I?” and “any watchouts?” My intent is to get a good cut. Only have a small lot now (less than 1/2 acre) but intend to have more in the future and would like to potentially use for trailer around yard loaded with wood/mulch/riprap, etc. Want something built solid that will last a while and something that is capable of tossing some small implements on the back for a small garden or aeration/dethatching. I can be handy. All input is much appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	12D0B4E0-B1C4-41AF-BBA4-3043358EF616_1535582135732.jpeg
Views:	N/A
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	2331375   Click image for larger version
Name:	16C59380-775A-44F4-965C-4D2D87A4954D_1535582203079.jpeg
Views:	N/A
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	2331377  

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire