mercredi 27 janvier 2016

Clio Mk3 dCi 1.5 only returns 38 MPG!

Hi all,

Recently had my Clio in for a service at my local Renault independent (which ended up costing over £1k as my suspension was rusted away - a total MOT catastrophe let alone unsafe), and before it would get MPG in the mid 40's - which isn't great for a diesel Clio at all but I didn't worry too much, as it was still high ish and usually got about 56 if only driving on motorways. Performance seemed fine and no smoke or anything.
Now, I am averaging 38 MPG which is just pathetic!

I have seen a lot of posts that this could be down to the EGR valve, and read the sticky about the 1.9 dCi engine, but has anyone got any tips/pics for doing this on a 1.5 in a Clio? I've searched the forum but can't find anything detailed like there is for the 1.9.

I'm also getting a diagnostic code reader from eBay which should arrive soon so perhaps that will throw up some codes which might help me claw back some of the ~30MPG I'm owed.

It's not too bad around town as I'm just pretending it's a noisy petrol car lol but hoping I can fix it before my next long motorway run in mid Feb.

Cheers,
Tom

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Clio Mk3 dCi 1.5 only returns 38 MPG!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire