mardi 29 décembre 2015

Battery dying constantly Espace IV 3.5 v6

Having read up a few different opinions and many requests for help, it always turned out that no one posted what the solution actually turns out to be unless there is one somewhere that I missed.

Anyhow, if I lock my car, my battery dies, it seemed to last a few days or sometimes die over one night. Hence I found leaving it unlocked over night seemed to do the trick alas it turned out the same thing happens, it dies. However, lately after an easy booster cables start every time, it dies within hours now.

I am thinking it may well be the battery given what seems to be degradation over time. I have read it can be something to do with heaters for cold starts but my mechanic friend says he hasn't heard of them on petrol engines. I have also read about alternators having bad contacts at various points around the mech leading to a short that kills the battery.

I have also read about removing fuses one by one and testing the current usage. My mechanic friend will help me when I can get hold of him from his busy schedule.

Like many I can't afford to visit Renault, even for them to actually fix it in one go so I am hoping to pin point the most likely and maybe if I can, find if I can rule out anything for sure, before throwing money away.

Possibles so far

Battery
Alternator
Cold heaters (if they even exist)
A possible short elsewhere

Thanks in advance and I hope you all had a brilliant Christmas.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Battery dying constantly Espace IV 3.5 v6

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire