samedi 26 décembre 2015

1989 renault super 5 1.1 campus - ignition fault

My dear little renault which is always super reliable died without warning. No spark from coil it seems although a mechanic recons there is spark at points.

I fitted new coil, and just put on new condenser, re gaped points. Electrics not my forte but did one test with twelve volt lamp while ignition on, points open between positive of coil and earth and lamp lights up but that doesn't help me isolate the problem.
Could a faulty key ignition barrel cause this? I forgot to mention battery is charged and car spins on the key, I smell petrol but not a pop, weeze or single hickup. So the final thing, There is this 'mystery silver box' wired between coil and condenser (factory fit) which I think must be a spark booster, only it looks nothing like the device that is mentioned in my Haynes manual. That device is by-passable to test its function. (Sorry I wrote a book).

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



1989 renault super 5 1.1 campus - ignition fault

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire