vendredi 27 novembre 2015

Hello and a question on airbags

I'm normally found on the Bimmer forums tending to my 15 year old 3 series, but today it's a problem with my girlfriend's 3 year old Clio!

The car is full of water lying underneath the carpets, I've just unblocked the scuttles and they drained like a bathtub, so I'm reasonably confident that was the culprit. Now to dry it out I was planning to lift the carpet and drain as much water as I could.

Since there are airbags etc in the seats, is it just a case of disconnecting the battery before removing them? Or is there more that needs to be done to avoid getting error codes?

I took a few photos of the process as I went as I couldn't find any online:

You'll need a 16mm socket or spanner, a pair of waterpump pliers and a screwdriver.

Pull the rubber trim off and remove the pins from either side.

The pins sit inside a plug, pull the top up and then you can remove the whole thing.

Pull the cover off the wiper nut and back it off a couple of turns.

Using waterpump pliers, squeeze the wiper nut up against the nut. These came off fairly easily so this might not have been necessary but on an older car they can be a nightmare.

With both wipers removed and the cover off there was a big pool of water on each side. It's my understanding that if the scuttles are this badly blocked the area wells up and the water starts to flow in through the vents.

Stick a screwdriver down the drain and it should clear with a satisfying rush of water!

And again on the other side, both were completely blocked but took no effort to clear.

Reassemble in reverse order, making sure to align the wiper blades, which should go back onto the splines.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, I think I'm quite limited with my zero post count!

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Hello and a question on airbags

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire