mercredi 25 novembre 2015

AA had to reset the battery???.....part 2

Evening all.

a month ago I/we posted the following thread

http://ift.tt/1MD2Frp

Thank you all for your responses...............They came in VERY handy.

At the weekend it happened again.

My wife came back from her shopping and the car was completely dead.

She phoned me up and said she could not get into the car.

I told her to use the door lock on the passenger side (none on the drivers side) and carry out the procedure as shown to her.

I can't, she said, the spanner is the boot, and the car is dead

F*ck.

Anyway, I tootled up there with a spare 10mm and within 60 seconds we were on our way.

Yesterday, I dropped it off at my local Renault garage.

I told them all about it, and then signed a bit of paper for them to do a diagnostic on it for the princely sum of £59.

This morning the Techincian phones me up and said there is nothing wrong with your car, it started 1st time........................so I went through the story again with him.

Then I waited, and waited and waited.

5 hours later I rang the garage up to see what the outcome was, expecting them to say I need a new UCH

But no, they said they don't know what is wrong with the car but they have seen the fault before somewhere on another car.

The said they spoke to Renault UK and were waiting for a fix from them.

BUT, and this is the bit that blew me away, they did not charge me for this.

To say I was impressed was an understatement

They have shown my wife that if the fault occurs again then to pull out and put back in fuse number 8.

In the meantime they hope RUK might get back to them with a fix.

If they don't, does anyone else have any ideas.

Thanks in advance

Karl

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



AA had to reset the battery???.....part 2

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire