dimanche 24 janvier 2016

Is my car eating too much oil? Help

Ok so I posted a few months back I was using semi synth in my Espace 3.0 diesel
I was on minimum warning back in august so I topped up with 1.5ltr of the stuff to get me by ( oil change 14 months prior had 7ltr of fully synth put in )
I'm back on minimum 6 months later..
I've done 12 k miles since oil chance but in nov 2014 during a service, I requested they did not change the oil since I had it done in the august.

However, they changed the oil and I am certain they did not out 7ltrs back in

Can you advise whether 1.5 Ltr in 5 months over 5k miles is a lot?
I tested the oil having just stopped the car so the oil was hot

Apparently the Espace has an oil tray underneath the car so oil leak is not totally obvious ?

I did not wanna keep topping up and topping up with semi synth as my next full service is in a months time where I will revert back to the 7ltr of fully synth.
I'm merely using the semi as a top up until then but do not want to take it much passed the minimum line as I not using the car much at the moment

Can I have your advice please

Much appreciated as always

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Is my car eating too much oil? Help

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire