mardi 26 janvier 2016

Laguna II won't start - ABS warning

I'll start off by saying, I have searched, and found other people with ABS problems...but none which are causing their car not to start!

So...HELP!!! I've been driving my 05 Laguna mk2 around quite happily. It went straight through it's MOT 2 weeks ago, and last week I had an oil and coolant change at the local garage. Drove it to work Thursday and Friday, and pottered around town on Saturday with no issues.

Sunday, I get in the car, press the start button...and nothing. The engine turns over but won't fire. The dashboard then lights up the service light and ABS light and the screen says "Check ABS braking". I tried (in vain) disconnecting the battery to see if that would clear any errors, but still it refuses to start.

Now i've seen on other threads that this could be a flaky ABS sensor or reluctor ring (whatever they are)...but would anyone expect that to just suddenly happen overnight with no previous warnings or problems with brakes??

Is there anything I can do to get the car started so I can at least get it to a garage??

Thanks for reading...hopefully someone will have a pearl or wisdom to share!!

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Laguna II won't start - ABS warning

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire