lundi 4 janvier 2016

Clio MkII - can't change where the air blows

This will be very difficult to explain since I don't know some english expressions, but bear with me, I hope I can explain it.

So, since it's winter and it's cold as hell (kinda ironic phrase) outside, and we all have a problem with misty windows. My problem is a bit bigger since I cannot change where the air from my air-con is going. The mechanism is not really stuck, but the cable that changes where the air blows only "works" one way, or to be exact it only pulls the mechanism, but fails to push. I can adjust the gears by hand, but if I set it to blow on the windshield I get a lot of weird noises, vacuum cleaner like noises, so I'm guessing the "flap" (correct my expression please) doesn't move all the way so, I guess, air is going through a tight passage.

The way you could help me is by giving me a picture of how the gears that move that "flap" look like, when that mechanism is functional. If you want to help, but don't know the location of those, they are located in the "codriver" footwell (it might be on drivers side if you have the wheel on the right side, not sure) on the side of the central console behind the plastic cover. The gears closer to the lever are responsible for the flap, the ones closer to the engines are responsible for temperature or fan speed. I think you don't have to move any plastic parts to see it. (unless my clio is missing some plastic bits) I shall attach a picture so you know what I mean. It's behind the piece of plastic marked with "X" and the arrow is pointing in the general direct of where it should be.
Also, if anyone knows, could I replace those gears without disassembling half the central console of my Clio? I might be able to obtain those from my service, since the guy who serviced my car had a Clio MkII in the past, but I don't really have enough money to pay him to do the replacement if it's gonna be costly.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Clio MkII - can't change where the air blows

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire