lundi 25 janvier 2016

2001 Laguna II Estate

Hi All,

First post on this forum. Im looking forward to meeting you all and getting advice.
Anyway yesterday I picked up my latest car. A Laguna II estate with the 1.8 16v engine in.
Seem really nice so far!

Anyway there's a photo of it. It is al title rough but not to bad, my biggest niggle points are:

This mirror. Think it just needs a cap or if that fails a new unit.

And this missing cover.


It also has one different coloured alloy (silver, the rest are black) but more on that in a minute.

She has 74k on the clock, had all belts and full service done in Oct along with all the brakes so that looks good and the headunit has already been changed for a all singing all dancing Sony one from this year which saves me a job. To follow that will be my trusty sub which I will plumb in later (if someone has advice or can link me to a guide that would be fantastic!).

On the list are-
New rear wiper or de wiper
Possible debadge rear end
Get rid of stupid scorpion sticker on the back end
Possibly tint front fog lights yellow
Needs a new xenon light bulb (in the post)
New flat wipers (in the post)
Led sidelights and number plate bulbs (in the post as well)
New mirror/Mirror cap
New key cover cap
New key casing as the old one has aged badly
Tint rear headlights
Tint rear windows

Any tips and examples of these would be really cool, because it's easy enough to talk but to visualise it is different!

Now onto that odd alloy. What happened was entirely my fault not the previous owner. We took it for a test drive but as I was not fully comp third party I asked my mother to test drive it. We got a mile up the road and she decided to pull up by the side of the road. Unfortunately she Kerbed the car so hard it blew a big old hole in the side wall and chipped a chunk out the the kerb. Obviously I was gutted but these things happen. So we swapped the spare on and went off to my local tyre place to get a new one fitted. We got a new one on and tried to seal it. At the point we worked out that the rear of the rim had been bent out in the knock and could not be sealed.
Anyway I was very lucky and the guy was splitting a Laguna (albeit the saloon version) with a set of alloys which I got 1 of with a new tyre for £70, which I don't think is too bad at 2.30 on a Sunday afternoon
Anyway I couldn't drive around with 1 silver alloy so I've spent my afternoon spraying it.
Here's some really interesting pics haha

And done for now, I'll grab a picture with this it on the car once the paint has had a bit more time to dry.
Anyway I look forward to chatting with you all and will not doubt be asking some stupid questions very soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Last edited by emile1920; 25 Minutes Ago at 05:34 PM.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



2001 Laguna II Estate

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire