dimanche 3 janvier 2016

Renault tragic 1.9dci 100 engine issues

Renault tragic 1.9dci 100 engine issues


Hi, I'm new here so please bear with me! OK I have a renault trafic 1.9dci 100 on an 03 plate. I recently changed the fan belt as was squealing. Very straightforward and was appeared fine. However the other day I heard what appeared to be belt damage and then the engine started running as rough as a badgers. Pulled over as soon as was safe, had a quick look and saw bits not fan belt hanging. Ended up having to call the RAC to get me home and they couldn't get it started. Added that the battery went flat during this. Anyway I charged battery and replaced fan belt but can't get it to start and really rough when trying. Read on a few forums that fan belts have a habit of causing the timing belt to jump a tooth so inspected and beltbseems tight but quite worn, haven't been able to offer a full inspection yet as engine mount needs removing and I am awaiting arrival of Haynes manual.
Either way the timing belt needs changing. I am a competent domestic mechanic and have undertaken most repairs over the last 20 years so able to undertake the belt change. I am however having difficulty in identifying the correct engine type so I can order the correct kit. Also if the engine has jumped a tooth what's the likely hood of valve damage? I have read that that is a woodruff key to prevent this from happening? Lastly can I get away with changing belt without locking pins if held once timing reset?
Any help desperately needed as my van is my work, no van no work lol.

Currently in shoebareian's garage:
2003 renault trafic 1.9dci 100

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Renault tragic 1.9dci 100 engine issues

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire