samedi 2 janvier 2016

2012 Megane 1.5DCI random power loss and irregular acceleration

Hi all, and Happy New Year! Hope someone can help!

For the past couple of months my Megane has been playing up, it's a 2012 1.5DCI. When accelerating, most noticeably in 4th gear usually, acceleration isn't very smooth, it'll accelerate for a couple of seconds have a little pause then accelerate again for a couple of seconds, once it's got the revs up to about 2500 or so, it starts behaving normally again.

Sometimes and far less often, it'll do the same as above but the drops in power are huge, usually when the engine is being worked harder than usual, e.g. going up a steep hill, now living in Cornwall I'm blessed with nothing but big hills to drive up all the time! The other thing I've noticed is when one of these big drop offs occurs it will deactivate the cruise control, two or three times now I've come to a big hill with the CC on and it's started putting the power on to maintain it's speed and then just cut the CC out entirely meaning I've got to dive on the accelerator pedal to stop myself rapidly coming to a stop, usually having to drop a gear as it'll refuse to accelerate when I do try otherwise.

It's under warranty still and been in with Renault for 2 days, they basically plugged it in, said there's no stored fault codes, had an engineer drive it home for an evening and it behaved itself (I hate intermittent faults so much) so they've given up and handed the car back to me.

Can anyone suggest what it might be, I'm pretty much useless with all but the basics, but a list of things I can ask Renault to at least look at would be helpful!

Thanks in advance!

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



2012 Megane 1.5DCI random power loss and irregular acceleration

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire