jeudi 4 octobre 2018

Storing JD 317 Outside This Winter For Blowing Snow - Ideas?

MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Storing JD 317 Outside This Winter For Blowing Snow - Ideas?
Hey all,

I have a 317 and a 49 series snowblower, and this is the first year that I'll use them. I'd love to keep it in my garage and just pull it out when I have to blow, but I wouldn't be able to put it back in the garage, as I have an issue with the grade of the concrete floor. The water pools against the wall the wall of the house. The floor has settled and now I'll need to get it all ripped up and a new floor poured.

It's going to be amazing when it gets done, but I don't have $5K sitting around right now to get it done prior to this winter. I feel that brushing it off as much as possible and parking it on a large rug wouldn't work either, as a lot of water would drip onto the rug and quickly saturate it (and freeze).

I have a nice sidewalk pad right next to the garage that I can park it next to, and then pull right onto the driveway. I was thinking of wrapping it with a tarp (once the exhaust cools) after blowing, and then just keeping it outside for the winter.

Thoughts?
Anybody ever heard of "The Daisy" lawnmower company and have info?
I have an old mower deck w/couple original wheels and the original push handles, but can't find info as to any company history.

It says on deck that it's called "The Daisy" and was made in Kansas. The name and where manufactured are in raised lettering that's within a raised oval circle with "The Daisy" being in larger stylized cursive writing, while where manufactured is in smaller block lettering. Deck appears to be cast raw aluminum(no paint). The wheels are like what one would see on the old Red Flyer wagons that bulge out in center and about 4" rim diameter. To do wheel height adjustments one has to unbolt and manually move each wheel up/down and put back into pre-drilled mount holes in mower deck.

No motor on deck, but it makes me think it's from the 40's/50's or 60's, but without any info on the company it's hard to determine age or what motor even goes on it.

Looks like it would make for a very neat project once one knew what engine was used, so I wouldn't want to get started on such a project until I know some better information about what I have.

Del
Honda 5518 custom deck
So it’s very hard (& expensive) to source a Woods rear finish mower for our Honda 5000 series. As we all know, the odd 2000rpm pto on Honda’s limits our option for
Implements. I’d been pondering a way to adapt my MM52 deck to the rear but being belt drive, not simple. So, I’m looking to buy a Bolens 60” deck (#51060S) & try to acheive similar setup as a Woods. This Bolens deck is a 2000rpm, shaft driven, with its bevel gear on the rear. The pto shaft is a 3/4x7/8 just like the Honda & I’m told that the deck pto is a counter-clock input rotation, the Honda rear pto out is clockwise... it all seems like it may work? With all that said, does
Anyone out there have any input on why this shouldn’t be attempted?
Looking for MTD 990 info
I have a 990 that I am redoing, I also have a parts machine. I have an older trans axle with the clamp on hubs, and a newer trans axle with the nut on the end. Is one better than the other? I am also doing the 5 lug wheelhorse hub swap. The tractor does light duty around the farm, and is my ride around for the antique tractor show we go to every year.
2012 gt 6000/ power steering ??
Hey guys.

has anyone out there ever upgraded there 2012 gt6000 to power steering ? I see the newer larger craftsman garden tractors have or some have power steering. what would I have to do to incorporate the parts of a newer craftsman with power steering, onto my 2012 model ?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	10-26-13 002.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	2338467   Click image for larger version
Name:	Craftsman Tractors in Fall 9-30-13 008.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	2338469  
Just Joined up good to be hear !
Looking at Getting a new Emax -S Mahindra
Headlight bulb
Wondering thru the Princess Auto Surplus I spotted some 881 bulbs. They look exactly like the bulbs in my JD X585. Anyone try them, can I damage anything? They are 12V & I believe they are fog bulbs & are a lot cheaper.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	881.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	2338513  
Big rigs
I think big rigs are cool. I am a Peterbilt truck guy, though I don't have one yet. I also like Internationals. My all-time least favorite company is Freightliner.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	789f30516663ee892ac3adb33a3e7a88.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	2338471  
Love my cub!
Hello everyone! Picked up my cub GT2554 a few years back and its been a joy to own. Always cuts clean and even over my bumpy yard! :) Have had a few issues here and there but i've been able to coach it back to operation.... recently its gone to a no work condition and i was referred to this website!

Thanks!
Jimmie!:tango_face_grin:

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire