vendredi 5 octobre 2018

7'. They just keep getting bigger

MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
7'. They just keep getting bigger
I sold my SCUT a couple weeks ago due to needing an upgrade. I figured might as well go big or go home, so an oxymoron followed me home - a big compact utility tractor, Kubota L4610. 46 engine horsepower, 40 PTO horsepower. Big upgrade from the 18 PTO horsepower the SCUT had.

I had kept the 60" MK Martin Meteor 3pt snowblower I bought for the SCUT, figuring maybe I could use it on the next tractor. Nope... Tractor's a foot wider than the snowblower, which just won't do. Put the 60" blower back up on Craigslist where I found it 4 years back, and it sold within a week for a fuzz more than I paid for it.

I've been looking at 6'-8' blowers, again with the 3pt rear models. I just like not having to choose between a front loader and snowblower I gues, plus the 3pt models are insanely cheap compared to the front mount tractor model specific units. I think I might end up buying a couple of them, and see which one I like best, selling off the others.

This is the first one I got. Picked it up off craigslist last night. It's older, but the chain, bearings, U-joints, gear box, etc all seem OK, so it should run out pretty quiet. It's an 84" McKee Snowlander. I flipped an 80" Ber-Vac last year that I bought for my FIL, but turns out he didn't want it. Maybe I should have held on to it. Oh, well. There's a couple 72" u its around for about the same price, so I might see if I can accomodate those in my budget as well. The 8' units I've been looking at seem to be more for cat 2 3pt equipped tractors.

The big Kubota picked it up off my trailer like it was nothing. It has to weigh close to 1,000 lb. it almost looks small danging from the loader, but keep in mind that bucket is 72" wide and the trailer it's above has a 16' deck. When it's on the ground, with the chute extended, the top is a little above my head. I'm 6'3". It's an absolute beast! Can't wait for some snow!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	N/A
Size:	818.5 KB
ID:	2338729  
Cheap 318 engine swap?
I am a broke teenager with access to:
318 (we'll call this one 318a)
Has: air filter with straight sides and round corners (P218?)
Good starter and electric fuel pump
Engine doesn't have enough power to get up hills with mower deck on

318 (We'll call it 318b)
I don't remember which engine it has, it's in storage
Starter is very loud, doesn't usually work first try
Non-electric fuel pump (works great)
Safety features disabled
Engine has plenty of power, does hills well
PTO circuit board died (Grandpa installed a little toggle-switch on the side for the mower deck and snowblower)

I also have:
My grandpa's supervision
My dad's tools (he was a racetruck driver so he has pretty much everything)
Basic engine knowledge
Jd 455
New to the forum but used it many times for issues with my JD 455. Hoping to post about an electrical problem I'm having now. THanks!
farm progress show 2017
gator 4x4 utility vehicle 620i
Hello, I am working on our Gator 620i. The gator has a centrifugal force clutch which has too much of a delay when you step on the accelerator peddle. So the RPMs are too high, and grabs with a jolt. Is there a way to adjust when the clutch grabs? Do you have to take the clutch out to do so? Has anyone had this problem? What did you do about it? Any information would be grateful.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	Gator.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	2338673  
I think it's a MTD 990
I picked up a new tractor and was told it was a MTD 990 with 16 HP motor. I did some googling and it definitely looks like one. I have found some stickers and serial numbers on the frame. Any chance 1 of you can help me identify it so I an find a manual, parts, etc.?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	20180922_100419.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	4.98 MB
ID:	2338667   Click image for larger version
Name:	20180922_100442.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	4.59 MB
ID:	2338669   Click image for larger version
Name:	20181004_173859.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	5.71 MB
ID:	2338687  
Allis chalmers Snow blower for B110 in Dallas Texas
For sale or trade,
Allis chalmers Snow blower for B110 mid to late 60's. Turns freely and not to much rust or dings. Not much use for this in Dallas Texas. Got it in trade with other equipment. Would consider a trade for usable 42 or 48 inch mower deck for AC B110 or B112.
I would also be open to discussing letting someone else continue the restoration of the B112 I have which came with Hydrostatic transmission and hydraulic lift. The engine purrs but I still need to reinstall the hydraulic pump and cylinder and get newer rear tires. Paint will be way down the road.
If interested in above I'll send pictures.
John
Fare Thee Well
It may well be that I'm leaving the Cub Cadet forum, or not checking in as much, since I traded my Cub Cadet 2006 GT2544 for a '84-'86 Murray 39004 garden tractor. Have to say that I've learned so much from the other forum members here and wanted to say "Thank you!!!"

Even after all the help I got here over the years, I just couldn't get the Cub to mow as it would burn up the PTO belt quickly. At $40 a belt, that gets old real quick. So I just used it to pull/push things about the yard. In the early stages of putting a garden in and finding the right sleeve hitch for implements was becoming a bother. Traded the Cub and a non-working Bolens rider for the Murray which came with a sleeve hitch, a plow, a 42 inch mower deck and a disc harrow. Felt it was a quite good deal as I got the Cub & the Bolens for free. Even verbally said "bye" to the Cub as it was trailered off to a new home.
My 7227 woes
I've about given up troubleshooting this mower. I continue to have running problems with it where it does not want to speed up and stays on low rpm.
Here's a list of the things i've check thus far
compression test (100psi)
3 x new known working carbs
3 x new coils and checked gap each time
new crank seals
2 x new governor setups.
2 x new flywheels
cleaned muffler/ports
2 x new gapped spark plugs
Fresh gas and checked fuel flow to carb.

I can't figure this thing out. it will not get out of low idle/sputtering mode and if i let it sit, it will run that way forever. Priming does nothing

I'm about to give up and tear the whole mower apart and just use as parts.

Any last idea's before I throw in the towel on this one?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire