lundi 8 octobre 2018

John Deere B carb work

MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
John Deere B carb work
Our 1945 John Deere B hand start was getting tough to start. A couple of days ago I got dad to jump on the B while I towed with another tractor. Had to pull it quite a bit to get it going. Once running it acted like a stuck float valve or sunken float. I pulled the carb off today and found the float full of fuel. Since its apart I thought I should clean it up and paint it. I'll see if the float can be repaired or if I need to order one.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	100_0289 (Medium).JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	2338941   Click image for larger version
Name:	100_0294 (Medium).JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	2338943   Click image for larger version
Name:	100_0297 (Medium).JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	2338945   Click image for larger version
Name:	100_0298 (Medium).JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	2338947  

Click image for larger version
Name:	100_0301 (Medium).JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	2338949   Click image for larger version
Name:	100_0302 (Medium).JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	2338951  
Transmission Shot? New tractor?
Guys,

From what I gather from the good posters on this board, I have a k66 transmission on my G100.

My tractor started to move slower and slower the last two times we cut the lawn. The tractor sounded almost robotic while running. Tough to describe but kind of a whurring sound. It would seem to run well for a bit but when it heated up it got much more sluggish. So we had a local dealer come and pick it up. They called about 4-5 days later saying the transmission was shot.

I have a spot to add transmission oil at the rear of the tractor. I can’t see a fluid level. There is a spot to see but with the age of the tractor and weathered plastic it’s tough to tell even while shaking the tractor side to side. I got the tractor thrown in with my house when I bought it so I don’t know about maintenance in the past. What are the symptoms of needing more transmission oil?

I forget the actual number but I was quoted about mid $2000ish for a transmission. He said he’d put one in, but it’s probably worth more than my machine. Is this a serviceable transmission? I know this is tough to estimate on a message board but can this be fixed for less? My tractor is about 15 years old and my deck is on it’s last legs so large expenses at this point just don’t make a lot of sense.

I think the dealer was shooting me straight but I don’t have enough knowledge to know if they aren’t. They offered to dispose of the tractor but they tell me there is really no value to it. I figured they’d at least use the tractor for parts (25hp Kohler) but that’s not the story I’m getting.

Any thoughts? We’re looking at an x590 to replace this but would feel better knowing a replacement makes the most sense. :)

Thanks!
Yanmar engine in a 425?
Has anyone replaced a 425 engine (the liquid cooled Kawasaki) with the Yanmar diesel engine in the 455? Can it be done? Anybody have experience doing it. I also saw online a JD 425 with a Honda motor. Where can you buy the Honda motor. I probably need to replace the 425 engine and needs some advice? Sincere thanks.
New Guy
Hello. I am new to owning big tractors. I have owned the grass cutting mower that some call a "tractor" but I know own a regular size tractor. About me - I am 50 years old, grandfather of 6, self-employed (I am a Audio/Video sub contractor in Ga). I have mechanical knowledge as far as cars and trucks so any mechanical work is a no brainer, or should be:tango_face_wink:. My tractor is a Ford tractor but I have been unable to find out year, model or anything about it. The hood has the Ford 3000 on each side but what numbers i have do not correspond to any numbers i have found online, (i have either to many characters or not enough :00000060::00000060::00000060::00000060:). Really hoping as soon as i can post and ask questions somebody will be able to help). Thanks fun advance for all or any help that i can get or receive.
Help Identifying Disk Plow
I was wondering if anybody can help me identify this plow and maybe find parts.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	Capture+_2018-09-21-16-55-32-576x957_1538967199728.png
Views:	N/A
Size:	327.8 KB
ID:	2339129   Click image for larger version
Name:	1002181738_1538967216882.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	6.48 MB
ID:	2339131  
Mahindra tractor over heating, Please Help
I have a 2014 Mahindra 6110 with 800 hours on it, that has been over heating every time I cut my grass with my 12 ft. Rhino bush hog. This problem started in the first of July this year when the plastic fan and belt broke for no reason. Right after my dealer replaced the fan and belt I started getting a Squealing sound coming from my AC compressor because the compressor was locking up. If I turned the AC on and off 3 or 4 times the Squealing sound stopped and the AC would work, BUT my tractor would over heat within 30 minutes of grass cutting with the AC on. I always ran my Tractor in Medium and the gear in number 1. I have run my tractor for the past 4 years like this with out it ever over heating. My Dealer told me to run my tractor in Low and number 1 gear till they figure out what is going on with my tractor and its over heating problem. I did as my dealer suggested and ran my tractor in Low and 1, and now it took 40 minutes this time for my tractor over heat again. I found if I run my tractor in neutral at 1700 rpm and with the pto shut off and the ac shut off that I can get the Temperature down from hot to 1/2 in 4 or 5 minutes and I can continue to cut my grass for another 10 minutes before the tractor over heats again. Now out of Frustration I tried something new. I got my tractor temperature back down to 1/2 now, and when I turned the ac on the temp immediately when to 3/4 before I shut the ac off, I did this 4 times and each time it did the same thing, it immediately when from the 1/2 to 3/4 before I would shut the ac off, because if I didn’t shut the AC off, it go up into the hot. This all happened while my tractor was sitting in neutral. So I thought ok lets try running the tractor with the ac off. I put the tractor back in medium and number 1 in the gears, and I had to open all the windows like I have had to do many times before, but with the ac off I was able to completely cut all 6 acres of grass around my house with the temperature now just below 1/2 and no over heating. I am Sorry for the long post, but I believe my AC compressor is BAD AGAIN? If this AC compressor is bad and this is what is causing my over heating problem, This will make the THIRD AC COMPRESSOR in 4 years that had to be replaced. If any of you think my AC compressor is bad, My Question to you Is this NORMAL for Mahindra tractors to burn up the AC compressors? A new AC compressor is around $700.00 to 800.00 for the compressor alone, not counting labor to put it on. Please Help me, Is this NORMAL for Mahindra tractors to burn up the AC compressors in such a short time? I Thank you all for any help.
A Little Too Close to Home...
Saw this in a gift shop today. My wife got a good laugh (at my expense)...

Mike

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_20181007_200639097.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	2339139  
Old member needing help with login help please!!
Hello,
I've joined back in 2009 and I can't remember my password and clicking on "forgot password" and entering my email address goes through but not getting the email to change password. I've checked inbox and spam.
Use for a Snow Blower in Texas?
Just finished up at the Tractor Show and thought what can I blow in Texas. Let's try Pear Cactus.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire