mercredi 3 octobre 2018

Spindly pleasant day....or not

MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Spindly pleasant day....or not
917.255950 is the model #. Can I get new spindles for this GT? It’s a great tractor hate to get rid of it.
Used x300- what to look for?
Newbie here. I am looking at buying a used x300 from Craigslist. Machine is a HD x300 2008 vintage with 273 hours for $1000 asking. Now after reading the forums here, I think I know what to look for, but I am mostly concerned about the transaxle and I have no clue on how to check if the transaxle is shot or not.

How would I test this, drive it up the hill ( which may be possible or not). What else can be done.
My own property is somewhat hilly too, but I can’t really afford to spring $6000 for a 500 series JD and it would be overkill for mowing 1/2acre of lawn, I think. All suggestion welcome.
Johnny Bucket Install Complete
I finally finished my JBJr install. I borrowed the idea for the joystick mount from an older gentleman’s YouTube video. I’m planning on getting a load of dirt soon and putting this thing to work. Overall I’m pretty happy with it. I also have the snow blade but it’s still in the box. As soon as I get some minor details with my powerflow worked out I will get that thing assembled.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	942FE7DD-ADA4-4850-A321-7D232B868B2B_1538444503464.jpeg
Views:	N/A
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	2338057  
Clean attachments?
As I was changing an attachment I was thinking about all the gravely attachments I've seen in barns, out behind the garage, in the open air, etc -not stored in the best conditions and rusty and all dirty.
I just used brake cleaner to remove any buildup on the attachment clutch (and it's been stored in a pretty nice shed) and then a spray of wd40. The way the clutches are built the springs etc can hold a lot of crud. I figure any dirt etc will end up in the oil in the tractor which I'd like to avoid.
I'm wondering if others have the same concerns and what you do?
Why no parking brake lever return spring?
Still getting used to my x590 but one feature I am missing is a return spring on the parking brake lever. I jump on and off the tractor and to keep it running I push in the brake and engage the lever. On my old tractor all you had to do was push in the brake again the the lever (spring return) would return to its position. I keep forgetting push the lever back down and try to take off with the brake still engaged. Any know the reason they don't have a return spring? I actually though the spring was missing.
Winter's Coming, Still No Sunstar in My Shed
I've had some close calls with Sunstars, then all the ads were JDs in mid summer, and just lost out on a machine near Milwaukee as the owner sold the attachments separate before I could commit to the drive.

Now I see that 8 hours away is this machine:
https://peoria.craigslist.org/grd/d/...706922135.html




Has:
Cab
Single Stage Blower
Manual plow blade
and the Vac setup (sorry about the sideways upload)

Pretty much all I need at the moment to get going. It's a pretty modified machine, a hashup of a 14 hp and an 18hp Sunstar. The only downside may be the newer engine: cheapest out there, a Predator from Harbor Freight. Get's pretty cold in my neck of the woods, I read they are hard starters in the cold, but I don't know if I should believe everything I read on the internet :tango_face_wink:

He didn't respond to my email questions, so finally I had to text him. Got him to send a pic of the vac system (the kind that mounts to the deck and shoots to the cart).

I'll need to rent a uhaul pickup and trailer to go get it, adding about $400 to the cost. Is this still a value? Hard to say without poking around the machine. Any advice on distance buying?

Thanks, I hope I can show some pics of my new sunstar soon!

Frank
Minnesota

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	IMG_3575.JPG
Views:	N/A
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	2338363  
Tc55da
Hi there. New to the forum and hoping you guys can help me out with a little problem I'm having. My horses would appreciate it. Horses breeder from NW Fl.


Frank
Leyland 154 Gas Tractor
My 154 gas tractor slowly shut down the other day and now it wont start I tried to jump start it and charging the battery. Any ideas on what could be the problem or what to check?
Caption This! 10-2-18
:tango_face_surprise :tango_face_surprise :tango_face_surprise :tango_face_surprise

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	Forked.jpg
Views:	N/A
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	2338109  

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire