mardi 22 décembre 2015

Boot not opening

Hi,

I'm new to owning a renault, sadly it's an old 2004 Megane saloon.

I've fixed pretty much every issue on one and I've only had it 3 months.

But one has me stumped. The boot won't open, lock or unlock. I've seen posts on this but it hasn't resolved the problem.

I have four wires for the boot motor and switch.....that have been patched probably due to the wiring issue.... I have 2 positive and 2 negative wires. with 0.98V across both sets. I have continuity through the switch so that's working...I have 2 motors for testing. ...

It appears the switch is fed from a negative wire, so question one is, Is this correct? or has someone made a mistake when resoldering the wires.....

Are the voltages correct? should these change when the switch completes the circuit. to then feed the motor?

How is the boot light fed and how does it switch on or off? I opened the boot catch with the internal release and realised that it brought the light on, but now I'm not sure if it's that or maybe I connected/disconnected a wire that controls it?

Thanks in advance for your help.....this forum is saving a fortune in garage fees

Tip No. one I'd advise anyone that owns a renault megane II.....buy an obd reader!

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Boot not opening

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire