mardi 1 mars 2016

Few questions about my Grand Scenic 1.6

Junior Member

 

Join Date: Nov 2011

Posts: 18

Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts

TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Thanks: 2

Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Few questions about my Grand Scenic 1.6


Hello all,

I have 2007 Grand Scenic 1.6 for about month now. This is our 3rd Renault. I've noticed that the engine is making ''diesel'' noise. Can this be dephaser pulley? When the engine is cold or starting (cold or hot) there is nothing unusual. When engine reaches temperature and idling I can hear that ''diesel'' noise. Maybe it is me, but I can say that inside the car in drivers position you can say that you have a diesel car.
Over the weekend we had a drive in area with hills. I've noticed that the car is low on power when driving uphill. Inside there was 4 adults and 2 kids. We had 1.6 car before, and I know how it feels when you ''missing'' power. Today decided to check the engine. The car has 148K km and the timing was done about 10K ago. First I've noticed that the spark plugs were not tight. I believe if I had better grip/access I could remove them with bare hands . Could this be the power loss cause? Air filter is ok. I found one loose tube/pipe near the battery. Can't find where to attach. Also cleaned one sensor from the front of the engine. Looks like few bits missing from that sensor.
How can I test or test that dephaser pulley is OK or it is time for a new one?

Thank you all for reply.

Attached Thumbnails

Currently in tomaskriv's garage:
2001Renault Laguna Estate 1.8

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Few questions about my Grand Scenic 1.6

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire