mercredi 2 mars 2016

Engine Cover

Chief Sneaky Eliminator

 
Scenic 11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009

Posts: 7,396

Nominated 13 Times in 6 Posts

Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4

Thanks: 639

Thanked 1,220 Times in 897 Posts

Re: Engine Cover


Quote:

Hi there guys I have a question I hope someone can help me on. I have up to now owned a Clio, Megane and am now on 3rd Scenic, all but the current one have been diesel,s this one is a 1.6 VVT 57 reg. On all the diesels there has been a black engine cover marked DCi but on this one there isnt one, you can see the coils and leads. I believe there should be one and I have seen a couple on ebay which say "1.6 16 v" on them but dont know if this is correct or would it have 1.6VVT on it they are also silver . Does anyone know where I can see a picture or could I ask if anyone has a 1.6 VVt to post a pic?
Thanks in advance
A while back I bought a 2008 1.6 Dynamique Scenic and that didn't have the engine cover which I queried and was told that at the time they were no longer fitted, I think this was due to the ignition coils getting too hot but that's just my theory
My present Scenic which is diesel does have the cover fitted but that just confirms my idea of the coils as a diesel is more efficient the hotter it is.
Just check your Scenic to see if the mounting points are still fitted to the engine, they have rubber bush inserts in them.
The covers should be all the same size in either 1.6vvt or 1.6 16 valve.
Hope that helps.

Friends call me Sirrah!! BUT some Friends say get- Stuffed!!

Currently in Scenic 11's garage:
2010 Scenic111 Dynamique Tomtom 1.9dCi

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Engine Cover

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire