lundi 23 novembre 2015

K4M - Intermittent juddering/fuel cut-off

I have a 1.6 16v 1999 Megane Cabriolet. It works fine most of the time but intermittently, say 3 times a week, whilst driving (engine already up and running) it simply refuses to respond to the accelerator.

The revs drop to a minimum and even with the accelerator pedal fully pressed down, it just doesn't rev. It's like there's a blockage somewhere...it backfires and makes a smell of fuel sometimes.

This would last a couple of minutes. I turn the engine off and on a couple of times and then...back to normal as if nothing happened.

I believe it's something electronic given that it's intermittent and works fine on any other day.

I've been to countless mechanics and had all the below changed:

- Fuel filter
- Fuel pump
- ECU
- Complete wiring harness
- All coil packs
- Diagnostic check - no faults

I'm at a point where I'm planning to scrap the car as I don't know what else I can do. So decided to post on here as a last resort. I will also try to upload a vid to get a better picture.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



K4M - Intermittent juddering/fuel cut-off

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire