lundi 23 novembre 2015

Error code cannot be deleted

Hi all,

Not the best way to introduce myself with a problem, I’ve regularly looked on the forums since I got my Laguna Coupe GT 2.0 180 nearly 4 years ago and have gleaned some valuable knowledge so I’m hoping someone will be able to help with the problem that my usual garage and the local Renault dealer cannot solve.

My regular trip to work involves some stop start driving and then a 15 minute run down the motorway, the car also gets a long motorway trip every 2 to 3 weeks so it was strange when the service warning light unexpectedly came on. I hadn’t had chance to do anything about it and within two days the STOP light came on with check injection system error across the display. There was no loss of power, no hesitation, no symptoms other than the warning on the dash.

Having never had problems in the past or the check anti-pollution warning my local garage diagnosed a blocked DPF which they cleared by replacing fuel filter, doing an oil change and two forced regens. They’ve done all the usual flow rate tests and are happy that there’s no problem with the DPF.

They cleared the errors from the ECU apart from DTC253F22 Engine Oil Dilution which just wouldn’t go away.

The usual method using the stalk for resetting the service interval doesn’t work as the STOP warning pops within a couple of seconds of inserting the key card in the slot so the car went off to the local Renault dealer and they used can clip to reprogram the dash, setting the oil interval to 18563, which should have allowed them to delete the error, unfortunately when the error is deleted it comes back almost immediately.

I’ve looked at the can clip readings from the dash and fuel injection systems, the service interval mileage is counting down correctly from what Renault set it to, the time since last regen is about right for when they had the car, there are no failed regens, engine oil dilution ratio is 0.0% and oil evaporation rate is 15%.

With the stored error the car isn’t doing any regens under normal driving and I’m now also getting the check anti-pollution warning flash up before check injection system. Looking at the readings through can clip the soot has built up in the DPF, from 20g when I got it back to 51g, and I know you can’t keep doing forced regens as it kills the DPF.

After speaking to the garage my understanding is that oil was changed before they carried out the two forced regens which they aren’t too concerned about as the oil was brand new. Could this be why the error pops straight back up?

I’m hoping I’ve covered everything, my technical knowledge is average at best and this is all the information I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Error code cannot be deleted

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire